The business case for reaching and engaging with diverse/ethnic communities from a commercial & CSR perspective.
Has it ever crossed your mind that there is a big gap in the market to reach out to ethnic communities? The demographics of the UK’s population are changing rapidly. Communities classed as minorities will soon be a majority.
Bearing this in mind, as a communicator you need to keep up with the times, trends and patterns of the UK’s diverse population. Doing the same old ‘marketing’ & ‘PR’ thing of just targeting who you know will eventually leave you with poor results. Now is the time to make that change and make ‘communication’ more inclusive to reach all diverse audiences for your agency and your clients. The one-size-fits-all approach has omitted a huge number of diverse communities.
A fine example of this can been seen with the four big supermarkets chains. Each of them are battling every day to increase their marketing efforts, in order to be ahead of their competitors in the ethnic food arena, by delivering key messages and designing specific creatives to reach and engage with diverse/ethnic audiences during Ramadan, Diwali, Eid, Chinese New Year and beyond. Ethnic groups have a combined disposable income of £300 billion and spending power of £46 billion. British businesses and multi-national brands can not afford to neglect this lucrative audience whose population stands at nearly 10 million in the UK and rising!
Mavis Amankwah, the Multi-award winning CEO of Rich Visions Diversity and one of the most influential people in PR (PR Week PowerBook 2009-2015), can tell you how to reach ethnic audiences.
Coffee Morning | Tuesday, 26 March
To reach these audiences you need to know these audiences. You will require specialist insight which we at Rich Visions can provide by keeping you abreast with the latest trends. Come and join us to hear the business case for reaching and engaging diverse and ethnic communities from a commercial and corporate social responsibility perspective.
Benefits of Attending:
- An overview of the various ethnic communities in the UK and how to reach them
- An overview of ethnic communities’ disposable income and spending power
- An overview
onmaking your communication campaigns appealing to ethnic audiences
- You’ll be provided with examples of the cost of getting your campaigns wrong (stereotyping, un
conciousbias and using jargon)
- We will give you advice on tapping into the ethnic and diaspora media to promote your clients’ campaigns, services or products
- Where and how to start reaching out to women in business,
millienials, over 50+ from ethnic backgrounds
Who should attend?
- Corporate brands
- Consumer brands
- Advertising agencies
- Digital agencies
- Marketing agencies
- Diversity & Inclusion managers
- Diversity & Inclusion specialists
- PR agencies
- Directors & heads of communications
- MarComms specialists
- Marketing & PR managers
- Media Planners & buyers
- Anyone wishing to reach, sustain and build relationships with diverse and ethnic communities across the UK, from a commercial angle